Friday, February 24, 2006

Aathi - Movie review



AATHI - MOVIE REVIEW

HE SAID:

When will Vijay realize that he has to stop doing the same kind of movie over and over, no matter how much his fans want to see him in such a role all the time. If he ever plans to mature as an actor, and I use the term mature very loosely here, he better start doing something, anything different.

I do not particularly fancy Vijay. However, I like Gilli a lot. Since then I have used Gilli as a yard stick to measure any movie of Vijay's. Using that measure, Aathi is a miserable shadow compared to Gilli. The story starts out being very interesting and then winds up being the typical masala fare that we have become used to expecting from Vijay.

Trisha breezes through her role as the vindictive girl/woman, who is trying to kill all the people involved in destroying her family, a long time ago, with the assistance of her uncle, yet again brilliantly played by Nasser.

I definitely would not recommend this movie to anyone.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the worst and 10 being the best, I give this movie a 2.

SHE SAID:

I am a big fan of Vijay. However, I have to say that I did not like Aathi at all. Just because I am fan does not mean that I have to like all the movies that he makes. I feel that a true fan is one who lets the idol know when he his making a mistake. And Vijay's mistake is that he keeps on doing action movies.

Vijay has got a lot of talent and can play any role with ease. Directors and producers must take a chance with Vijay and let him do no-action roles. Vijay has become a prisoner of his image with his fans.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the worst and 10 being the best, I give this movie a 3.

No comments: